Thursday 17 October 2013

The Old Bird Artist Bio


Student,  teacher,  mother,  grandmother, artist. As  a  chronic  depressive,  with  a  mind  that  won’t  stop  thinking    I  seek  solitude  and  silence.    Camping  holidays  and  taking  photos  while  my  husband  reads  is  a  way  to  keep  calm.  Capturing  birds  in  the  bush  around  Coolendel  is  an  ongoing  fixation,  which  has  led  to  trying  to  capture  birds  on  the  wing.  Tiny  flitting,  birds  twittering  sharply,  beg  me  to  capture  them  in  still  shots  through  my  lens.  Their  free-flight  is  fascinating  and  watching  them  is  restful.    A  passion  for  colours,  computers  and  cockatoos  melded  into  bird  images,  photography  and  painting.  A  love  of  learning  has  led  me  to  expand  my  love  of  art,  and  a  need  to  expand  my  teaching  skills  has  guided  my  decision  to  study.  Being  surrounded  with  creative  people  has  become  addictive  and  learning  is  an  integral  part  of  my  past,  present  and  future.

No comments:

Post a Comment